DevDays DAT302, Tuning & understanding MDX Query Performance in SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
August 7, 2009 Leave a comment
A little bit late I know , but now in english,. Thanks for the “heads up” Pedro.
Anyway, here it is, all the materials I’ve used on the DevDays session.Notes of interest:
- Report/Dashboard that shows the mdx trace log, properly organized by query
- Possible to filter, using sub report links
- Use of a custom report in management studio
- I think it should run fine in sql 2005 management studio (needs sp2 for custom reports)
- Sample code, use as is, can be buggy! :)
All feedback is welcome!
Blog Mosha Pasumansky
A Solution for Collecting Analysis Services Performance Data for Performance Analysis
Microsoft SQL Server Community Samples: Analysis Services
SQL Server 2008 White Paper: Analysis Services Performance Guide
SQL Server Best Practices Article: Identifying and Resolving MDX Query Performance Bottlenecks in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services Unleashed (Paperback)